All Natural Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
I usually use my Blendtec Blender to make all natural vegetable and fruit juices, but I recently bought Blentec’s “Twister Jar” to use with my Blendtec blender so I could more easily make nut butters and flour. I have to thank Blendtec for this recipe. The Twister Jar came with a a recipe book that contained a couple of interesting recipes. I came upon the hummus recipe and I was interested!
So I went ahead and made it and it tasted good, but I could have just thought that because I made it. Fortunately I had a good opportunity to see if others would think the same thing. I visited a friend and his wife last night and we watched some boxing fights and ate the hummus with spelt bread, a coco almond fudge I also made, and we drank some banana date fruit juice. We will get into the fudge in another post.
Anyway, they were a little skeptical of everything brought over but in the end the loved and raved about the hummus, and also the fudge and juice. I was a bit surprised about how much they liked it. They had both each eaten just a little while before I arrived, and they still went back for second and thirds of the hummus. I have to say it turned out pretty good. Vegan, raw, and awesome!
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 clove Garlic
- 15 oz Garbanzo Beans (Drain and keep the liquid)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons Garbanzo Bean Liquid
- 1 cup Roasted Red Bell Pepper (I heated fresh the bell pepper in the oven the dry it out)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kimalayan/Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Blendtec or high speed blender