Banana, Date, And Key Lime Smoothie – A Vegan Recipe
By Aqiyl Aniys | July 12th, 2015 | Modified - March 2nd, 2019
The “Banana, Date, And Lime Smoothie” has become my favorite energy smoothie and it was hard to knock the “Banana Strawberry Date Energy Drink” off its throne. The tartness of the lime in contrast to the sweetness of the dates does wonders to the tongue. The lime increases the alkalizing ability of the smoothie, which supports the immune system, which adds a punch to the benefits of the bananas and dates which are high in:
1. Simple carbohydrates which quickly convert to energy
3. Electrolytes to support muscle function: potassium, phosphorus, and sodium
4. Vitamin B6, vitamin C, manganese it also contains a wide range of other vitamins and minerals
Oh, it also tastes pretty good.
- 2 Burro Bananas or 4 Mini Bananas
- 3 Dates
- 1/2 Apple
- Juice of 1/2 of a Key Lime
- Enough Water to make 32oz of juice
- Step 1: Add all of the ingredients to a blender and enough water to make 32 oz, and blend. Enjoy
ADVERTISEMENT - Why do I see this?