Alkaline Plant Based Diet
Alkaline Plant Based Diet

The Meaning Of Organic Food Labels

By | August 18th, 2012 | Modified - January 21st, 2019
The Meaning of Organic
The Meaning of Organic

What is organic?

100% Organic

The term “100% Organic” is used to identify foods that meet the USDA’s guidelines for food that has been produced by methods that integrate cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity

This means that organic food cannot be grown with the use of synthetic fertilizers, irradiation, sewage sludge, and cannot be genetically modified. The “USDA Organic” can be used to identify food products in this group.

Fudging What Is Organic

“Organic” Label

Food that contains multiple ingredients and are 95% organic can use the “USDA Organic” seal. The remaining 5% may only be foods or processed with additives on an approved list.

“Made With Organic Material” Label

Food that contains at least 70% organic ingredients can use the label “Made with Organic Material” and can list up to three of the organic ingredients on the label.

This can mislead some people to think that the item is totally organic, and the three organic ingredients listed are the only ingredients that make up the item.

Food that contain less than 70% organic ingredients cannot use either label, but individual ingredients can be labeled as being organic.

There is controversy over how the USDA handles the labeling of organic foods because of the influence of major food producers. BUYER BEWARE!

Tags: , , ,

ADVERTISEMENT - Why do I see this?
Alklaine Plant Based Diet
Alklaine Plant Based Diet

About Author:

Aqiyl Aniys is the author of the books Alkaline Herbal Medicine, Alkaline Plant Based Diet and the children's book, Faith and Justice eat an Alkaline Plant Based Diet." He received a certificate in plant-based nutrition from Cornell University, a BA in Organizational Behavior and Communications from NYU, worked as an elementary school teacher, and studied social work. He enjoys boxing, kick boxing, cycling, power walking, and basically anything challenging, and his alkaline plant-based diet supports all that he does. Learn more about transitioning to an alkaline vegan diet using the Dr. Sebi nutritional guide.

Subscribe: Follow Natural Life Energy Youtube Follow Instagram Follow Pinterest Follow Twitter Follow Linkedin Follow