Burn It Up With the Killer Cardio Workout
Killer Cardio Workout
A killer cardio workout is a great to break the monotony of sedentary lifestyle. Our lifestyle today has plagued us with a number of health problems. An exhaustive cardio workout is what you need to get back into the health groove.
Burning fats may not be the easiest thing out there but it can sure be done with the right kind of exercises and the requisite dedication and enthusiasm.
A cardio workout includes jumping, running, biking, elliptical cross training, step master and/or rowing. A cardio workout also includes swimming, zumba, and/or aerobics. Basically, cardio involves exercises that improve the supply of oxygen to every body part.
A cardio workout is not only great for overall health and weight management, but for the health of the heart too. Cardio exercises are generally done at a continuous pace for about 40-50 minutes.
Cardio helps in improving blood cholesterol, functioning of heart, reducing the risk of osteoporosis, and improving the muscle mass.
A Killer Cardio Workout That Can Be done In Three Simple Sets
Cardio Workout: Set One
- Do some side stretches, twists and leg stretching.
- Start with some rope skipping for five minutes.
- High Knees: Get on your right foot, with an attempt to lift the left knee so that it touches the levelof your chest. This is a typical combination of running motion with exaggerated knee motion. Do this for one minute.
- Butt-kicks: Jog in one place on the balls of your feet, raising your heels towards your glutes. Try to keep the center of gravity little forward and stay light on your feet. Do it for one minute.
- Jumping Jacks: You all enjoy doing this; jumping jack is very easy and effective. This is the best warming up exercise too. You need to jump off the ground and spread your legs out, while quickly raising your arms up, with palms open towards the ceiling followed by palms of both hands almost touching each other. Now, bring your feet back with a jump to the shoulder level, also retract your arm to your sides. Repeat for a minute.
- Burpees: This one exercise rules them all. Start with the squat position- with hands on the floor, in front of you. Now kick your feet back to the push-up position and immediately return to the first position. Try to leap up as high as possible. Do it 20 times
- Now go for running on treadmill for 10 minutes.
Cardio Workout: Set Two
- Start with skipping the rope for one minute.
- Repeat high knees, butt kicks, and jumping jacks for one minute each.
- Do minimum of 10 pushups and 10 triceps dips.
- Triceps dip: Sit with your back to a bench, place your palms on the bench so as fingers are pointing towards you. Raise your body up in almost seated position, with feet flat on the floor. Bend your elbows, and lower the glutes toward the floor. Now try to push back until your elbows are back straight.
- Again repeat running for 10 minutes
Cardio Workout: Set Three
- Skip the rope for one minute.
- Again, high knees, butt kicks, and jumping jacks for one minute each.
- Do minimum of 20 Burpees and 20 mountain climbers.
- Mountain climbers: Start with the push up position, let your hands and toes support your weight. Start flexing your knee and toes of the right leg until the knee is almost under the hip. Explosively return toes of this leg back to the previous position until the leg is straight, while bringing the other foot with the hip and flexed knee.
- Repeat running for 10 minutes again.
If you have some sprains, backaches, or if you are dealing with any other ailments, then you must take advice from your physicians first before you do a killer cardio workout or you can also take some free online medical advice.