How To Clean Your Kidneys | Kidney Cleanse
Cleaning The Kidneys – Kidney Cleanse
The kidneys maintain a water/mineral balance in the body, regulate blood pressure, and filter waste from the blood in the form of urine. Proper water intake is essential in cleansing the kidneys. It is also essential to have proper water intake because many of the herbs I listed are diuretics and they elevate the rate of urination. Increasing the amount of water you drink in itself is a kidney cleanse because the increase in water intake will flush toxins from the kidneys.
How much water should we drink a day?
The Institute of Medicine indicated in a report that the general recommendations for men are approximately 3.7 liters (125 ounces daily) of total water, and for women are approximately 2.7 liters (91 ounces) of total water from all beverages and foods each day. The panel did not set an upper level for water. I currently average a gallon of water a day, which is around 4 liters or only 8 tall glasses of water, which also translates to 16 8oz cups. There is also the popular 8 8oz cups a water a day notion, but this is not supported by hard evidence. I am mindful to drink a gallon of water a day because many of the cleansing herbs I take daily are diurectics and I need to drink this much water to make the herbs work most effectively in my body. Drinking a gallon of water a day is a "kidney water cleanse" and is usually enough the clean the kidneys, unless you have lower back pains from kidney stones. Kidney stones and gravel can be dissolved and expelled from the body using a "Watermelon Cleanse" or a "Herbal Kidney Cleanse."
Herbal Kidney Cleanse
This herbal kidney cleanse is taken from Dr. Hulda Clark's book "The Cure for All Advanced Cancers," page 560. Dr. Huld Clark
Kidney Cleanse: First Preparation | Ingredients:
- Half a cup dried hydrangea root (Hydrangea arborescens)
- Half a cup gravel root (Eupatorium purpureum)
- Half a cup marshmallow root (Althea officinallis)
- Black Cherry Concentrate, 8oz.
Measure 1/4 (one fourth) cup of each root [half of the roots] and set them to soak together in 10 cups of cold tap water in a non-metal container for four hours or overnight. After four hours (or overnight), add black cherry concentrate 8oz. and bring to a boil and then let it simmer for 20 minutes. Let it cool and strain the contents into a glass container, and drink 1/4 cup as soon as it is cool enough. Refrigerate the remaining liquid.
Kidney Cleanse: Second Preparation | Ingredients:
- 4 bunches of fresh parsley
Rinse with very hot water to cleanse it. Add the parsley to 1 quart of water and boil for 5 minutes. Drink 1/4 cup as soon as it is cool enough. Refrigerate a pint and freeze 1 pint.
Drink daily for 3 weeks: 3/4 cup of the root mixture and 1/2 cup of the parsley water.
Kidney Cleanse: Supplements before meals:
- Breakfast: 2 ginger capsules, 2 uva ursi capsules, 1 vitamin B6 capsule
- Lunch: 2 ginger capsules, 2 uva ursi capsules
- Dinner: 2 ginger capsules, 2 uva ursi capsules, 1 magnesium oxide capsule
Kidney Cleanse: Recommendations:
- Heat the kidney teas to boiling every third day if it is being stored in the refrigerator; this resterilizes it. If you sterlize it in the morning you may take it to work without refrigerating it.
- Drink this mixture in divided doses throughout the day. Keep cold. Do not drink it all at once or you will get a stomachache and feel pressure in your bladder. If your stomach is very sensitive, start on half this dose
- Save the roots after the first boiling, storing them in the freezer. After 13 days when your supply runs low, boil the same roots a second time, but add only 6 cups water and simmer only 10 minutes. This will last another 8 days, for a total of three weeks.
- After three weeks, repeat with fresh herbs. You need to do the kidney cleanse for six weeks to get good results, longer for severe problems.
Watermelon Kidney Cleanse
THE WATERMELON KIDNEY CLEANSE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR DIBETICS. I haven't found any definitive information that supports the benefit of using watermelon to rid the body of kidney gravel. What I have been able to find is that watermelon is a natural diurectic and it will force urination. The basic cleanse calls for eating a whole watermelon in a day and drinking a gallon of water, which will force urination and flush the kidneys.
Herbs For A Kidney Cleanse
- Black cherry concentrate
- Gravel root
- Hydrangea root
- Marsh Mallow
- Uva ursi (bearberry)
* denotes recommended foods on Dr. Sebi's nutritional guide, used to optimize the effects of the cleansing herbs found in his tonics. Meat, dairy, soy, and hybrid/grafted foods are not found on his list because they either, acidify the body, cause mucus, inflammation, or their electrical composition is compromised through hybridization.
My Kidney Cleanse
For my kidney cleanse I drink a gallon of water a day, I blend 1/2 thumb-size piece of ginger* in my daily vegetable drink. I take dandelion* and burdock root* capsules which are diurectics and force urination to flush my kidneys. My kidney cleanse is a long term cleanse where I do these things daily.
Mayo Clinic | Nutrition and Healthy Eating