Dr. Sebi Speaks About Winning The NYC Supreme Court Case Against Him
Dr. Sebi spoke about winning the civil and criminal case against him for practicing medicine without a license and for making fraudulent medical claims. Dr. Sebi was arrested on February 10, 1987 in New York because his Usha Research Institute placed an advertisement in the Amsterdam News claiming to cure AIDS, sickle cell, lupus, and other diseases.
The advertisement was placed in the Amsterdam News on November 2, 1985 on page 9. Dr. Sebi won the case on many fronts and the most compelling was the 72 witnesses that provided documentation showing the institute cured them of these diseases.
Key points of the video:
- 1:40 – The case against Dr. Sebi was the 2781 case brought before the Supreme Court for practicing medicine without a license and for making fraudulent medical claims.
- 3:23 – Dr. Sebi arrested for advertising that he cured AIDS, which is practicing medicine without a license, and for selling products not approved by the FDA.
- 11:35 – 16:20 – Dr. Sebi faces the civil case against him.
- 17:44 – Supreme Court criminal case
- 24:17 – Advertisement in the Amsterdam News that stated the Usha Research Institute cured AIDS. The institute specialized in cures for sickle cell, lupus, herpes, cancer, blindness, and others.
- 25:00 – The advertisement was placed on November 2, 1985.
- 27:29 – Dr. Sebi was able to win the case because though 9 witnesses had to present documents showing the institute cured them of the these diseases, 72 witnesses provided documentation.