Fight Cold And Flu With Black Elderberry
I am writing a product review of “Gaia Herbs” Black Elderberry product. I was supplied with the product to review by Seacoast Vitamins. I agreed to review this particular product because I would use it myself.
When I first started my vegan journey and I went on a three month herbal cleanse to clean my organs of waste and toxins, and to remove excess mucus from my body. I used elderberry daily for that period of time to help clear my body of mucus and to strengthen my immune system. I use it occasionally now to help fortify my immune system.
Sambucus Nigra, also known as elderberry, has been used in traditional medicine for hundreds of years Africa, America, and Asia, to treat bronchitis, cough, upper respiratory cold infections, and fever.
Elderberry contains high levels of anthocyanins, and other flavonoids which give elderberry powerful antioxidant, antiviral, and likely anti-cancer properties. Herbalists have used elderberry extract to soothe and shrink swollen mucus membranes, relieve nasal congestion, and to fight off infections that may lead to bronchitis and sinusitis. Scientific studies have also been done to see if elderberry can actually live up to it’s billing.
Laboratory research has shown that:
- Elderberry is effective against flu infections like H1N1 by binding to the virus and blocking it from entering host cells.
- One study found that elderberry could cut the time a person has flu symptoms by more than 50%, and the benefits are greater if a person starts taking elderberry within twenty four to forty eight hours after flu symptoms have started.
- Elderberries have an anti-inflammatory effect that reduces pain, aches, and fever.
- Elderberry flavonoids are powerful antioxidants which to protect the cells of the body against damage and aging.
- Elderberries stimulate the immune system by increasing white blood cells, anti-inflammatory substances, and cytokines which may give it anti-cancer properties.
Gaia Herbs – Black Elderberry Liquid Capsules
Gaia Herbs have several different black elderberry products, but there is one that I like in particular because it fits in with my diet. I like the Black Elderberry Phyto-Caps because they don’t contain alcohol like the elderberry syrups. The elderberry is organic and is packaged in a vegetable cellulose capsule with vegetable glycerin. This black elderberry product contains sixty capsules with a serving size of two capsules, which means you get thirty servings from each bottle. The dosage of black elderberry in two capsules in 1150mg.anti-inflammatory, antiviral, detoxify, elderberry, herbs, immune system, inflammation, nutrition